Leading engineering and construction for the global refining industry
- More than 60 years of experience
- 30 world-class refineries built worldwide
- 100 major expansion or revamping projects
- 850 process units built
From conceptual design to turnkey delivery, TechnipFMC manages all aspects of oil refining projects and integrated petrochemical complexes worldwide. With a strong track record in refinery optimization projects, TechnipFMC has gained experience and competence in all the technological fields that impact any future development in oil refining.
Some of our key industrial references include the Dung Quat refinery in Vietnam, the Jubail refinery in Saudi Arabia, the expansion of Burgas, the largest oil refinery in the Balkans, the integrated refinery and petrochemical complex of Rapid in Malaysia, and BAPCO, a refinery expansion project in Bahrain.
Our vast experience executing turnkey contracts is available to customers since the early project definition phases through:
- Optimized refinery configuration for grassroot or expansion projects
- Open-art designs with in-house or third-party licensed technologies
- Cost estimates backed up with real data from our executed projects
- Safe, robust, constructible designs
- In-house project management support for any project size
Refinery master-planning services
TechnipFMC can partner with you during the critical phase of planning and investment optimization. We can handle the master-planning and configuration screening, perform block optimization, define U&O concepts, manage investment cost estimate and perform profitability and financial analysis. We can also help you select the best technologies to meet your specific project needs. Based on our position as a leading licensor of ethylene and petrochemical technologies, we can facilitate the integration of your refining project with petrochemicals. We also support our customers to develop project financing options.
Expertise and technologies
We offer proven open-art designs and proprietary and alliance technologies for license
Open-art designs for:
- Crude and vacuum distillation
- ARU, SWS, SRU
Proprietary and alliance technologies:
- Hydrogen production
- Fluid catalytic cracking and resid fluid catalytic cracking including high olefins options
- BenzOUT™ gasoline benzene reduction technology
Maximizing return on investment
TechnipFMC can deliver multi-billion refinery projects
- Optimized refinery or integrated petrochemical complex configuration
- High-quality conceptual and basic designs
- Front-end engineering services with robust cost estimates
- Reliable and effective project execution
- Plant performance improvement including operating margin improvement, energy and operational savings, safety improvements, emission control and environmental protection, etc.