Technip to manufacture umbilicals in Malaysia
Technip announces an expansion of its Asiaflex Products manufacturing facility to include the production of subsea umbilical(1) systems as of 2010.
In January 2008(2), Technip announced the creation of Asiaflex Products that will manufacture Technip’s complete range of flexible pipes. The state-of-the-art manufacturing facility is currently under construction in Tanjung Langsat, Malaysia, and is on schedule to deliver flexible pipe, plus umbilicals in 2010.
Asiaflex Products will complement Technip’s existing manufacturing facilities in the umbilicals market:
- DUCO Ltd. located in Newcastle, UK, Technip’s umbilical center of excellence for research & development, engineering and manufacturing activities,
- DUCO Inc. located in Houston, Texas, a major manufacturer of steel tube umbilicals for deepwater markets worldwide,
- Angoflex Ltda., a joint venture between Technip and Sonangol, strategically located in Lobito, Angola, to serve the Angolan deepwater market.
The new facility benefits from a strategic location to serve the emerging deepwater oil and gas markets in the Asia-Pacific, India and Middle East regions. Asiaflex Products will also create specialized training and long term employment opportunities locally.
Technip is a long-standing leader in oil & gas engineering in the Asia-Pacific region with more than 3,400 employees located in key operating centers across Asia-Pacific with its regional headquarters located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The Asiaflex Products facility is part of Technip’s current capex program to strengthen its assets (vessels, engineering centers and manufacturing plants) and reinforce its worldwide leadership in the Subsea market.
(1) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses. Umbilicals can also include electrical cables or optic fibers to support communications, power supply and telemetry functions.
(2) Technip press release, January 22, 2008.
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 46 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Yves Gautier: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 25 33
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 email@example.com
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
Antoine d’Anjou: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 30 18 email@example.com
Technip trades under the ISIN FR0000131708 on the Euronext Paris.