Technip, in a consortium with Afcons and TH Heavy Engineering, awarded offshore contract in India
Technip, in a consortium with AFCONS Infrastructure Ltd and TH Heavy Engineering Berhad, was awarded a contract by Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC), worth approximately €220 million (Technip share: about €50 million), for the Heera Redevelopment (HRD) process platform project in the Arabian Sea, at approximately 70 kilometers South-West of Mumbai, India.
The scope of work covers the:
- engineering, procurement, fabrication, transportation, installation, hook-up and commissioning of the HRD process platform,
- shifting of the existing cable in the seabed,
- installation of a new bridge connecting the existing HRC process platform, the strengthening of the existing bridge and the modification on an existing HRC process platform to ensure interconnections between all the process lines and the utilities.
Technip’s operating center in Mumbai, India will execute the overall engineering and procurement of tagged equipment of the project. The topsides will be designed for the float-over installation using the Group’s proprietary Unideck®(1) integrated deck installation system with the support of Technip’s operating center in Paris, France. The project is scheduled to be completed in the first semester of 2015.
Samik Mukherjee, Country Manager and Vice President of Technip in India, commented: “We are very proud that ONGC chose our consortium for this important project. Technip is a world leader in float-over operations, for the installation of large topside decks onto fixed or floating platforms. As such, we will utilize our proprietary float-over installation technology for this project. This award is the first offshore project on EPCIC(2) basis for Technip in India. It will also be one of the rare float-over installations in the Indian Ocean.”
(1) Unideck® floatover: installation method of an integrated production deck (topsides) onto a fixed structure developed by Technip which permits installation in difficult sea conditions (long period swells) using a system of jacks to lower the topsides rapidly into place.
(2) Engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 32,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Christophe Bélorgeot : Tel. +33 (0)1 47 78 39 92 email@example.com
Floriane Lassalle-Massip : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 firstname.lastname@example.org
Analyst and Investor Relations
Kimberly Stewart : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 email@example.com
Chuan Wang : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 36 27 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPY).