Technip awarded USD 1.1 billion contract for subsea development in Angola
Technip, leader in a consortium with Acergy, has been awarded by Total a contract for the development of the Pazflor oil field, located offshore Angola in Block 17, at water depths reaching 1,200m. Technip's share of this USD 1.860 billion contract represents USD 1.160 billion.
Technip's share of the contract covers:
- the engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation of over 80km of production and water injection rigid flowlines(1), conventional flexible risers(2) and integration production bundle (IPB) risers,
- the engineering, procurement and fabrication of over 60km of umbilicals(3).
Technip's operating center in Paris (France) will execute this contract. The umbilicals will be manufactured at the umbilical plant of Angoflex, a company run in association with Sonangol E&P, in Lobito (Angola). The flowlines and subsea structures will be assembled at the Group's spoolbase at Dande (Angola), contributing to Technip's local content policy.
Offshore installation will commence in 2010, using Technip's vessels Deep Blue and Deep Pioneer.
The award of this major subsea contract follows Technip's successful completion of the Dalia project. It attests to the confidence that the Block 17 partners have in the Group and its Angolan industrial assets, and acknowledges Technip's expertise in the design of deep-depth subsea infrastructures and technological know-how.
(1) Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(2) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to surface facilities, and transfer injection or control fluids from the surface facilities to the seabed.
(3) Umbilical: an assembly of hydraulic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
With a workforce of 22,000 people, Technip ranks among the top five corporations in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical engineering, construction and services. The Group is headquartered in Paris.
The Group's main operating centers and business units are located in France, Italy, Germany, the UK, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, the USA, Brazil, Abu-Dhabi, China, India, Malaysia and Australia.
In support of its activities, the Group manufactures flexible pipes and umbilicals, and builds offshore platforms in its manufacturing plants and fabrication yards in France, Brazil, the UK, the USA, Finland and Angola, and has a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris.
Technip Public Relations
Laurence Bricq: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 26 37 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 24 33 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Xavier d’Ouince: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 25 75 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 67 58 email@example.com
Technip trades under the ISIN FR0000131708 on the Euronext Paris.