Technip awarded two flexible pipe supply contracts for the Egina field in Nigeria
Technip was awarded two contracts, worth a substantial(1) total value, to supply flexible pipes for the Egina field operated by Total Upstream Nigeria Ltd, offshore Nigeria.
These contracts cover the qualification and supply of:
- 12 dynamic flexible jumpers(2) from 3.5" to 12.5" for oil production, gas lift, water injection and gas export, to connect the single top tension risers(3) to the floating production storage and offloading unit (FPSO),
- two 20.5” unbonded flexible pipes as oil offloading lines (OOL) connecting the FPSO to the offloading buoy,
- associated ancillary equipment.
Flexi France, the Group’s facility in Le Trait, will manufacture the flexible pipes which are scheduled to be delivered in 2015 for the jumpers and in 2016 for the OOL.
Jean-François Niel, Technip’s Vice President Manufacturing, declared: “These contracts cover complex dynamic applications and include the largest flexible pipes manufactured to date by Technip, confirming our leading position for the supply of high-specification and large-diameter flexible pipes.”
As announced on July 4, Technip’s wholly-owned subsidiary, DUCO Ltd, was also awarded an important contract by Upstream Nigeria Ltd to supply umbilicals(4) for the same project. These awards reinforce our long-term industrial footprint in West Africa and our presence in the Nigerian buoyant subsea market, where we have been active for more than 30 years.
(1) For Technip, a “substantial” subsea contract is ranging from €100 to €250 million.
(2) Jumper: a short section of pipe for the connection of two subsea structures.
(3) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to the surface facilities or to transfer injection fluids, control fluids or lift gas from the surface facilities and the seabed.
(4) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or hydraulic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 38,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Christophe Bélorgeot : Tel. +33 (0)1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 firstname.lastname@example.org
Analyst and Investor Relations
Kimberly Stewart : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 email@example.com
David Tadbir : Tél. +33 (0)1 40 90 19 04 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and traded in the USA on the OTCQX marketplace (OTCQX: TKPPY).