Technip awarded two contracts for the development of the Jubilee field in Ghana
Technip has been awarded by Tullow Ghana Limited(1) two lump sum contracts for the development of the Jubilee oil field. This field is located off the coast of Ghana at water depths ranging between 1,200 and 1,700 meters.
The first contract comprises the engineering and fabrication of seven 10-inch diameter and two 8-inch diameter risers(2) for a total length of more than 27 kilometers. Engineering for this contract will be carried out by Technip’s operating center in Paris, France. The risers will be fabricated in Le Trait, France, in one of Technip’s flexible pipe production facilities. Delivery is scheduled for the beginning of 2010.
The second contract covers:
- engineering, fabrication and installation of approximately 48 kilometers of production and gas and water injection rigid flowlines(3)
- installation of 26 kilometers of umbilicals(4), nine flexible risers (supplied by Technip under the first contract) and subsea manifold and riser base structures,
- connection of the flowlines to the wellheads and subsea manifolds,
- test of the entire system.
Technip’s operating center in Houston, Texas, will execute this contract with support from the company’s Paris center for the installation of the flexible flowlines, the connections and offshore operations. The offshore campaign is scheduled to commence in early 2010 using two vessels from the Technip fleet, the Deep Blue and the Deep Pioneer, which will lay the rigid and flexible flowlines respectively, assisted by third-party vessels.
(1) Tullow Ghana Limited is the Jubilee Field Unit Operator and Kosmos Energy is the Technical Operator leading the Integrated Project Team.
(2) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to surface facilities, and transfer injection or control fluids from the surface facilities to the seabed.
(3) Flowline: flexible or rigid pipe laid on the seabed for the transport of production or injection fluids.
(4) Umbilical: an assembly of hydraulic lines which can also include electrical cables or optic fibers used to control subsea structures.
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 46 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Christophe Bélorgeot: Tel. +33 (0) 1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 email@example.com
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
Antoine d’Anjou: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 30 18 email@example.com
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA. ISIN FR0000131708