Technip awarded a subsea contract for the Ozona project in the Gulf of Mexico
Technip has been awarded a lump sum contract by Marathon Oil Company for the Ozona field development in the Gulf of Mexico. The project consists of the tie-in of a well in Garden Banks 515 (3,280 feet – 1,000 meters - water depth) to the Shell Auger platform.
The contract covers:
- project management and surveys,
- engineering, procurement/fabrication and installation of a 5.6 mile-long (9 kilometer) pipe-in-pipe flowline(1), two PLETs(2), an anchor pile and a rigid jumper(3), and
- installation of a 7.5 mile-long (12 kilometer) umbilical(4).
Technip’s operating center in Houston, Texas will execute this contract. The flowline will be welded at the Group’s Spoolbase located in Mobile, Alabama. Offshore installation is scheduled to be completed by the Deep Blue, Technip’s deepwater pipelay vessel, in the second quarter of 2010.
(1) Pipe-in-pipe flowline: steel pipes assembly consisting of a standard production pipe surrounded by a so-called carrier pipe. The gap between the carrier and production pipes is filled with an insulation material.
(2) PLET: Pipeline End Termination.
(3) Jumper: a short section of pipe for the connection of two subsea structures.
(4) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses. Umbilicals can include electrical cables or optic fibers to support communications, power supply and telemetry functions.
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 46 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA.
Technip Public Relations
Christophe Bélorgeot: Tel. +33 (0) 1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 firstname.lastname@example.org
Group website: www.technip.com
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 email@example.com
Antoine d’Anjou: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 30 18 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA. ISIN FR0000131708