Technip awarded Subsea contract in the North Sea
Technip has been awarded by TAQA Bratani Ltd. an installation contract for the development of the Falcon field, which is located in the North Sea approximately 560 kilometers northeast of Aberdeen, in 160 meters of water.
The contract covers:
- project management and engineering,
- installation of a 6” production flexible flowline(1) and a 4” gas lift flexible flowline,
- installation of a control umbilical(2) and a subsea distribution unit, both free-issued,
- removal and replacement of a flexible riser(3),
- trenching and backfilling of the flowlines and umbilical,
- pre-commissioning, tie-ins and testing.
Technip’s operating center in Aberdeen, Scotland will execute the contract. The flowlines will be manufactured at the Group’s flexible pipe plant in Le Trait, France under a separate supply contract. Offshore installation, which will be carried out using Technip’s diving support vessel Orelia is scheduled to be completed in the second half of 2011.
This award is a milestone for Technip as it is the first contract awarded by TAQA Bratani.
(1) Flowline: flexible or rigid pipe laid on the seabed for the transport of production or injection fluids.
(2) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
(3) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to surface facilities.
is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and
construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive
portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Christophe Bélorgeot : Tel. +33 (0)1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 email@example.com
Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA.