Technip awarded a Subsea contract in the Mediterranean Sea
Technip has been awarded a lump sum engineering, procurement, installation and construction (EPIC) contract by Burullus Gas Company SAE(1) for the West Delta Deep Marine (WDDM) Phase VIIIa development project. The contract value is in excess of USD300 million. The project consists in the expansion of the WDDM facilities, located 95 kilometers offshore Egypt in the Mediterranean Sea.
Technip's scope covers:
- Design, supply and installation of three production manifolds and three subsea distribution assemblies (SDAs),
- Engineering, welding and installation of approximately 67 kilometers of rigid production flowlines(2),
- Engineering, fabrication and installation of approximately 88 kilometers of umbilicals(3), 12 kilometers of flexible flowlines and three flexible jumpers(4),
- Connection of the flowlines and umbilicals to the wellheads and subsea manifolds,
- Pre-commissioning of the entire system and support to the client for commissioning and start-up activities.
Technip’s operating center in Paris, France, will execute this contract with assistance from Genesis in London, United Kingdom, and the Group’s team in Cairo, Egypt. The umbilicals will be fabricated by Duco, Technip’s subsidiary in Newcastle, UK, and the flexible pipes will be manufactured at the Group’s plant in Le Trait, France.
The offshore campaign is scheduled to commence in the second quarter of 2011.
(1) Burullus Gas Company SAE is a joint operating company of Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) 50%, BG Group 25% and PETRONAS 25% conducting oil and gas operations on behalf of the WDDM partners.
(2) Flowline: flexible or rigid pipe laid on the seabed for the transport of production or injection fluids.
(3) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses. Umbilicals can include electrical cables or optic fibers to support communications, power supply and telemetry functions.
(4) Jumper: short pipe used to connect a flowline to a subsea structure or to connect two subsea structures located close to one another.
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management,
engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a
comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Christophe Bélorgeot : Tel. +33 (0)1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 email@example.com
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA. ISIN FR0000131708