Technip awarded subsea contract for the Lucius field in the Gulf of Mexico
Technip was awarded a lump sum contract by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation for the development of the Lucius field, located in the Keathley Canyon area of the Gulf of Mexico at a water depth of approximately 7,000 feet (2,130 meters).
The contract covers:
- installation of a flexible flowline(1), multiple flexible gas lift jumpers(2); main gas lift and infield umbilicals(3); subsea distribution units; electrical, fiber optic and hydraulic flying leads,
- design and fabrication of the flexible flowline end termination,
- fabrication and installation of rigid jumpers,
- burial of flowlines,
- flooding and hydro-testing of the flowline system.
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas, will perform the overall project management.
This contract constitutes a significant milestone in Technip's recent acquisition of Global Industries as it will utilize a number of Global Industries key assets along with the Deep Blue, one of Technip's deepwater pipelay vessels, during the offshore installation phases in 2013 and 2014.
(1) Flowline: a flexible or rigid pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(2) Jumper: a short section of pipe for the connection of two subsea structures.
(3) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibers used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 30,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Tél. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
Apollinaire Vandier: Tél. +33 (0)1 47 78 60 74 email@example.com
Christophe Bélorgeot: Tél. +33 (0)1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Tél. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPY).