Technip awarded subsea contract for the Hadrian South development in the Gulf of Mexico
Technip has been awarded a contract by Exxon Mobil Corporation for subsea equipment on the Hadrian South natural gas project in the Gulf of Mexico in approximately 7,500 feet (2,300 meters) of water.
The project consists of a subsea tie-back to the planned Anadarko operated spar platform, Lucius(1).
The contract covers:
- project management, procurement and installation of two 7-mile long flowlines(2) and associated jumpers
- installation of a 9-mile umbilical(3), associated foundation and flying leads
Technip’s operating center in Houston, Texas, will execute the contract. The flowlines will be welded at Technip’s spoolbase located in Mobile, Alabama. The Deep Blue, a deepwater pipelay vessel from the Technip fleet will install the subsea equipment in 2013.
(1) The Lucius Spar hull is currently being built in Technip’s Pori yard in Finland.
(2) Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(3) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 30,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
Apollinaire Vandier: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 60 74 email@example.com
Christophe Bélorgeot: Tél. +33 (0)1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Tél. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPY).