Technip awarded subsea contract for the Glenlivet project, West of Shetlands, UK
Building on the previous award by Total E&P UK of the contract for the Edradour Subsea Development, located approximately 75 km North West of Shetlands in the UK waters, Technip has been awarded an additional scope for the parallel development of the Glenlivet field located nearby.
The Glenlivet specific scope includes:
- fabrication and installation of 12" production pipeline and 6" MEG(1) pipeline complete with a 2" piggy backed service line,
- supply and installation of steel tube umbilical, manufactured at Technip Umbilicals facility in Newcastle, UK,
- supply and installation of flexible tails from Flexi France, the Group’s manufacturing plant in Le Trait, France,
- fabrication and installation of pipeline end manifold, flowline end terminations, flexible tails and rigid well tie-in spools, as well as the installation of CPI(2) templates and manifolds,
- rock dumping and pre-commissioning.
The Group will leverage its unique vertical position in the subsea business:
- Technip’s operating center in Oslo, Norway, will execute the project in full synergy with the previously awarded Edradour project.
- Vessels from the Group fleet will perform the installation in the summer seasons of 2016 and 2017.
- The pipelines will be fabricated at Technip’s spool base at Evanton, UK, and installed by Technip’s vessel Deep Energy.
- Umbilicals will be manufactured at the new Technip umbilicals facility in Newcastle, UK.
Knut Boe, President North Sea Canada, stated: “It is very good to see the benefits of the synergies between these two projects being realized by Total’s award of this extra scope to Technip.”
(1)MEG: Mono-ethylene glycol, used to control hydrate formation in production fluids.
(2)CPI: Company Provided Item
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 38,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Laure Montcel :
Tél. +33 (0)1 49 01 87 81
Tél. +33 (0) 1 47 78 34 83
E-mail : email@example.com
Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart :
Tél. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Aurélia Baudey-Vignaud :
Tel. +33 (0) 1 85 67 43 81
E-mail : email@example.com
Michèle Schanté :
Tél. +33 (0)1 47 78 67 32
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on
Technip shares are listed on the Euronext Paris exchange and traded in the USA on the OTCQX marketplace (OTCQX: TKPPY).