Technip awarded a subsea contract for the Daniel Boone field in the Gulf of Mexico
Technip has been awarded a contract by W&T Offshore Inc. (NYSE: WTI) for the Daniel Boone field development, in the Gulf of Mexico. This field is located in Green Canyon Block 646, at a water depth of 1,349 meters (4,230 feet) and will be tied back to the Front Runner Spar.
The contract covers:
- engineering for the installation, welding and installation of a production rigid flowline(1) (23 miles long) terminating at the spar with a flexible riser(2),
- design, fabrication and installation of an in-line structure and PLET(3),
- engineering for the installation and installation of an umbilical(4) (23 miles long), jumper(5) and flying leads.
Technip’s operations and engineering center in Houston, Texas is executing this contract. The flowline has been welded at the Group’s spoolbase located in Mobile, Alabama. The riser was fabricated in Le Trait, France, one of the Group’s flexible pipe plants. Offshore installation is scheduled for the second quarter of 2009, using the Deep Blue, Technip’s deepwater pipelay vessel. First production for Daniel Boone is expected to be in the second half of 2009.
(1) Flowline: flexible or rigid pipe laid on the seabed for the transport of production or injection fluids.
(2) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to surface facilities
(3) PLET: Pipeline End Termination
(4) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses. Umbilicals can include electrical cables or optic fibers to support communications, power supply and telemetry functions.
(5) Jumper: a short section of pipe for the connection of two subsea structures.
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 46 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Christophe Bélorgeot: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 32 79 email@example.com
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Ph. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
Antoine d’Anjou: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 30 18 email@example.com
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA. ISIN FR0000131708