Technip awarded a subsea contract for the Appaloosa development in the Gulf of Mexico
Technip has been awarded a lump sum contract by ENI US Operating for the Appaloosa development project in the Gulf of Mexico. This project consists of the tie-back of the Appaloosa well located in Mississippi Canyon, 145 nautical miles (268 kilometers) offshore Mobile, Alabama at a water depth of approximately 2,825 feet (860 meters), to the Corral platform.
The contract covers:
- Project Management and surveys,
- Engineering, fabrication and installation of a 21-mile long (34-kilometer) production flowline(1), a riser(2) and subsea equipment,
- Installation of free issued umbilical(3) and flying leads,
- Pre-commissioning and dewatering of the flowline.
Technip’s operating obile. Offshore center in Houston, Texas will execute this contract. The flowline and riser will be welded at the Group’s spoolbase located in Minstallation is scheduled to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2009 using the Deep Blue, Technip’s deepwater pipelay vessel. Extensive saturation diving work will be executed using the Skandi Achiever, one of the Group’s diving support vessels, and umbilical installation using the Deep Pioneer, one of Technip’s deepwater construction vessel. Technip’s scope of work is expected to be completed by 15th April 2010.
(1) Flowline: flexible or rigid pipe laid on the seabed for the transport of production or injection fluids.
(2) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to surface facilities.
(3) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses. Umbilicals can include electrical cables or optic fibers to support communications, power supply and telemetry functions.
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 46 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Christophe Bélorgeot: Tel. +33 (0) 1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 email@example.com
Antoine d’Anjou: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 30 18 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA. ISIN FR0000131708