Technip awarded a new flexible pipe contract in Brazil
Technip has been awarded a contract worth approximately $150 million by Petrobras for the development of the Roncador field, located off the Brazilian coast. The Roncador P-54 project consists of eleven production and six water injection subsea wells, located at water depths down to 1,740 meters and connected in direct tie-back to the P-54 FPSO(1) anchored at a water depth of 1,400 meters.
Technip will perform the engineering, project management, manufacturing and testing of six different types of flexible pipes:
- eleven production flowlines(2),
- eleven gas lift flowlines,
- six water injection flowlines,
- eleven production risers(3),
- eleven gas lift risers, and
- six water injection risers.
Technip’s operations and engineering center in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) will execute the engineering and the project management. The Group’s plant located in Vitória (Brazil) will manufacture the 142 km of flexible pipes.
This contract between Technip and Petrobras marks a new step in their longstanding and fruitful collaboration. Technip and its partners are currently executing two other contracts for the development of the Roncador field: one covers the engineering and construction of the P-52 semi-submersible platform and one covers the design, manufacture and installation of its tie-back pipes.
(1) FPSO (Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading): a converted or custom-built ship-shaped floater, employed to process oil and gas and for temporary storage of the oil prior to transhipment.
(2) Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(3) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to surface facilities, and transfer injection or control fluids from the surface facilities to the seabed.
With a workforce of 22,000 people, Technip ranks among the top five corporations in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical engineering, construction and services. Headquartered in Paris, the Group is listed in New York and Paris.
The Group’s main operations and engineering centers and business units are located in France, Italy, Germany, the UK, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, the USA, Brazil, Abu-Dhabi, China, India, Malaysia and Australia.
In support of its activities, the Group manufactures flexible pipes and umbilicals, and builds offshore platforms in its manufacturing plants and fabrication yards in France, Brazil, the UK, the USA, Finland and Angola, and has a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Laurence Bricq: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 26 37 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 24 33 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Xavier d’Ouince: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 25 75 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 67 58 email@example.com
Technip trades under the symbol TKP on the NYSE and under the ISIN FR0000131708 on the Euronext.