Technip awarded multi-disciplinary engineering and project management services contract
Leveraging Technip’s leadership in FLNG with first mover advantage
Technip has been awarded an engineering and project management services contract by Shell Australia. This contract will provide multi-disciplinary engineering and design services in support of the Prelude FLNG project, and will allow the smooth delivery of brownfield engineering scope as the project moves into operations.
Under the contract, Technip will provide a comprehensive suite of services, including:
- Concept, FEED(1), detailed and follow-on engineering services,
- Procurement services,
- Construction management services,
- Pre-commissioning, commissioning and hand-over services,
- Operational testing support,
- Scope and portfolio management services including cost and planning support, and document management and control,
- Specialist engineering support to supplement Shell Australia’s team.
Technip’s operating center in Perth, Western Australia will lead, manage and deliver the contracted work, providing local expertise for a local solution.
Nello Uccelletti, President Onshore Offshore, Technip, commented: “We are delighted to continue Technip’s close relationship with Shell on the flagship Prelude FLNG project. Our leadership in FLNG leverages our integrated approach and the combination of our technologies and capabilities in the subsea, offshore and onshore business. This award recognizes our long term relationship with Shell as well as our strong presence in Australia developing local engineering and project management capabilities.”
(1)FEED: Front End Engineering Design
Fast Facts: Technip and the Prelude FLNG project
- Detailed design of the innovative facility was undertaken by the Technip Samsung Consortium at Technip’s operating centres in Paris, France, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and it is being built at the Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) shipyard in Geoje, Korea.
- Vessels from the Group’s fleet will be used for the offshore campaigns, including the Deep Energy and the Deep Orient.
- Video « Building the future of LNG » : http://www.technip.com/en/publications/videos/shell-prelude-flng-%E2%80%93-building-future-lng
- Video « The making of a giant » : http://www.technip.com/en/publications/videos/shell-prelude-flng-making-giant
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our close to 31,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 45 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Group Public Relations
Tél. +33 (0)1 49 01 87 81
Tél. +33 (0)1 47 78 34 83
E-mail : email@example.com
Investor and Analyst Relations
Tel. +33 (0)1 85 67 43 81
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tél. + 33 (0)1 85 67 43 86
E-mail : email@example.com
For further information:
Find us on
Twitter : @TechnipGroup
Technip shares are listed on the Euronext Paris exchange, and its ADR is traded in the US on the OTCQX marketplace as an American Depositary Receipt (OTCQX: TKPPY).