Technip awarded a major contract for the Bøyla field development in Norway
Technip was awarded by Marathon Oil Norge AS an engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning contract, worth above €300 million, for the Bøyla field development in the North Sea, located about 225 kilometers West of Stavanger, Norway, at a water depth of 120 meters. The contract includes all activities necessary to complete the construction of the subsea system for the Bøyla field development and connect it to the existing Alvheim subsea facilities, located 28 kilometers away.
The contract covers:
- fabrication and reeled installation of a pipe-in-pipe production flowline(1), a plastic lined water injection flowline and a gas lift flowline,
- fabrication and installation of rigid spools(2),
- manufacturing and installation of flexible jumpers(3) and umbilicals(4),
- tie-in by divers, trenching, rockdumping, and ready for operation activities.
Technip’s operating center in Oslo, Norway, will execute the contract. Offshore construction will take place in 2014 with several vessels from Technip’s fleet, including the Deep Energy and the Skandi Arctic.
(1) Flowline: a flexible or rigid pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(2) Spool: Spool: short length pipe connecting a subsea pipeline and a riser, or a pipe and a subsea structure.
(3) Jumper: a short section of pipe for the connection of two subsea structures.
(4) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibers used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 30,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Analyst and Investor Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Tél. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 email@example.com
Apollinaire Vandier: Tél. +33 (0)1 47 78 60 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
Christophe Bélorgeot: Tél. +33 (0)1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Tél. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 email@example.com
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPY).