Technip awarded large contract for the Edradour Subsea Development, West of Shetlands, UK
Leveraging its unique subsea vertical integration
Technip was awarded a contract by Total E&P UK for the Edradour Subsea Development, located approximately 75 kilometers North West of the Shetland Islands, in approximately 300 meters of water.
Technip’s scope of work covers the:
- fabrication and installation of 12” production pipelines, 6” MEG(1) pipeline complete with
2" piggy backed service line,
- supply and installation of steel tube umbilical,
- fabrication and installation of pipeline end manifold, flowline end termination, flexible tails
and rigid well tie-in spools, as well as the installation of templates and manifolds provided by the client,
- rock dumping and pre-commissioning.
The Group will leverage its unique vertical position in the subsea business:
- Technip’s operating centre in Oslo, Norway, will execute the project, while vessels from the Group fleet will perform the installation in the summer seasons of 2016 and 2017;
- the pipelines will be fabricated at Technip’s spoolbase at Evanton, UK, and installed by the Deep Energy, the fastest and one of the largest and most capable pipelay vessels ever built in our industry;
- umbilicals will be manufactured at the Group’s new facility in Newcastle, UK.
Knut Boe, President North Sea Canada, stated: “Technip is extremely proud of the award of this contract, which demonstrates the competitiveness of our Project Management and Engineering organization and of our new state-of-the-art vessel, the Deep Energy, supporting subsea developments in shallow to ultra-deep waters.”
(1) MEG: Mono-ethylene glycol, used to control hydrate formation in production fluids.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 40,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Christophe Bélorgeot: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 39 92
Laure Montcel: Tel. +33 (0)1 49 01 87 81 firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 email@example.com
Michèle Schanté: Tel. +33 (0) 1 47 78 67 38 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and traded in the USA on the OTCQX marketplace (OTCQX: TKPPY).