Technip awarded an installation contract for the "Ekofisk Va" subsea water injection project at the Ekifisk field in Norway
Technip has been awarded by ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS a lump sum contract for the Ekofisk VA subsea water injection project located in block 2/4 on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. This contract provides for the installation, tie-in and commissioning of subsea facilities between the existing Ekofisk facilities and a new eight well subsea injection template (2/4VA).
The contract includes:
- installation engineering;
- procurement of installation equipment;
- installation of client provided spools(1), flexible flowlines(2) and umbilicals(3);
- design, fabrication and installation of protection covers; and
- tie-in and commissioning.
The detailed design and the other equipment will be provided by ConocoPhillips. Offshore installation is scheduled for 2009.
Installation will be performed by several vessels including Technip’s new-built diving support vessel, the Skandi Arctic.
(1) Spool: short length pipe connecting a subsea pipeline and a riser, or a pipe and a subsea structure.
(2) Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(3) Umbilical: an assembly of hydraulic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibers used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 46 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Yves Gautier: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 25 33
Floriane Lassalle-Massip : Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 32 79 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Ph. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 email@example.com
Antoine d’Anjou: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 30 18 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA. ISIN FR0000131708