Technip awarded important subsea contract for the Dalmatian field in the Gulf of Mexico
Technip was awarded by Murphy Exploration & Production Company – USA a lump sum contract for the development of the Dalmatian field, located in the Gulf of Mexico, at a water depth ranging from 530 to 1,800 meters. This field, jointly owned by Murphy and Ecopetrol America Inc., is comprised of the De Soto Canyon Blocks 4, 47, 48 and 91.
The project consists of a subsea tie-back to an existing Gulf of Mexico platform.
The contract covers:
- project management, engineering, fabrication and installation of a gas riser(1), an oil riser, a 38-kilometer flowline(2) and a 34-kilometer pipe-in-pipe flowline with associated PLETs(3) and jumpers(4),
- installation of a main subsea control umbilical(5), infield umbilical, and associated foundation and flying leads,
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas will perform the overall project management. The flowlines and risers will be welded at the Group’s spoolbase in Mobile, Alabama.
Offshore installation is scheduled to be completed in 2013 by the Deep Blue, Technip’s deepwater pipelay vessel, the Pioneer, which was recently added to the Technip fleet with the acquisition of Global Industries, and the HOS Iron Horse, a Technip managed multiservice vessel.
(1) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to the surface facilities or to transfer injection fluids, control fluids or lift gas from the surface facilities and the seabed.
(2) Flowline: a flexible or rigid pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(3) PLET: pipeline end termination, subsea structure to connect rigid flowline and flexible riser.
(4) Jumper: a short section of pipe for the connection of two subsea structures.
(5) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres used to control subsea structures from the surface facility.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 30,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Christophe Bélorgeot : Tel. +33 (0)1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 email@example.com
Analyst and Investor Relations
Kimberly Stewart : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
Apollinaire Vandier : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 60 74 email@example.com
Chuan Wang : Tel. +33 (0)1 47 78 36 27 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPY).