Technip awarded flexible pipelines installation contract in India
Technip has been awarded by AKER Installation Floating Production an installation contract, worth approximately €140 million, for phase 2 of the development of the MA D6 oil field. This field, operated by Reliance Industries Ltd., is located off the eastern coast of India in KG D6 Block, at water depths ranging from 1,200 to 1,400 meters.
The contract includes:
- engineering and project management,
- transportation and installation of 18 kilometers of flexible production and gas export risers(1) and flowlines(2), fabricated by Technip’s flexible pipe plant in Le Trait, France, under a separate contract,
- transportation and installation of five umbilicals(3) and a gas export manifold supplied by the client,
- construction, transport and installation of a 24’’ rigid spool(4).
Technip’s operating centers in Paris, France, and Aberdeen, Scotland, will execute this contract with support from the Group’s center in Chennai, India. Offshore installation is scheduled for the first half of 2009 and will be carried out by the Constructor, one of the pipelay and construction vessels from Technip’s fleet.
This award follows the successful completion of phase 1 of the same project by Technip in May 2008.
(1) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to surface facilities, and transfer injection or control fluids from the surface facilities to the seabed.
(2) Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(3) Umbilical: an assembly of hydraulic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibers used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
(4) Spool: short length pipe connecting a subsea pipeline and a riser, or a pipe and a subsea structure.
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 46 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Yves Gautier: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 25 33
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 32 79 email@example.com
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA. ISIN FR0000131708