Technip awarded flexible pipe supply contract in Norway, for Statoil
Technip was awarded by Statoil a contract to fabricate and supply flexible risers(1) for several fields on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. The contract(2) also includes options for further risers and flowlines(3). These flexible pipes will be used to renew the flexible pipe based infrastructure on Statoil’s operated fields.
Technip’s operating center in Oslo, Norway, will execute this contract which is scheduled to be completed in 2014-2016 and options in 2017. Flexi France, the Group’s facility located in Le Trait, France, will manufacture the flexible risers.
Odd Strømsnes, Managing Director of Technip in Norway, comments: "With this contract, Statoil has renewed its trust in Technip to deliver high-quality flexible products using the latest developments in high-technology materials."
(1) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to the surface facilities or to transfer injection fluids, control fluids or lift gas from the surface facilities and the seabed.
(2) The contract covers more specifically the:
- fabrication of 10 flexible risers,
- supply of flexible riser ancillaries,
- options for the supply of an additional 15 risers,
- options for flexible jumpers and flowlines.
(3) Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 38,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Christophe Bélorgeot: Tel. +33 (0)1 47 78 39 92 email@example.com
Analyst and Investor Relations
Kimberly Stewart : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 - firstname.lastname@example.org
David Tadbir : Tel. +33 (0)1 40 90 19 04 - email@example.com
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and traded in the USA on the OTCQX marketplace (OTCQX: TKPPY).