Press Releases - Contracts


Paris, December 8, 2004

Technip awarded Dominion's Triton and Goldfinger Subsea Tiebacks project in the Gulf of Mexico

Technip has been awarded a contract by Dominion for the Triton and Goldfinger fields sub sea tiebacks. Both fields, located in 5,600 ft water depth (1,700 m) in, respectively, Mississippi Canyon Blocks 728 and 772/771 will be tied back by a unitized system to the Devils Tower spar platform, acting as the host processing facility. This sub sea system is designed to meet the flow assurance requirements of the fields in challenging water depths.

The overall project will be carried out by Technip’s engineering centre in Houston, US, which will provide project management, engineering, fabrication and installation services for riser, pipe-in-pipe flowline, end manifolds, insulation systems and spar interfaces.

The overall project is to achieve first oil by late 2005.

Dominion Exploration & Production owns a 75% working interest and is operator of Devils Tower platform, Triton and Goldfinger fields with partner Pioneer Natural Resources Company owning the remaining 25% interest in the project area.

With a workforce of about 19,000 persons, Technip ranks among the top five corporations in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical engineering, construction and services. Headquartered in Paris, the Group is listed in New York and Paris. The Group’s main engineering and business centers are located in France, Italy, Germany, the UK, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, the United States, Brazil, Abu-Dhabi, China, India, Malaysia and Australia. The Group has high-quality industrial and construction facilities in France, Brazil, the UK, the USA, Finland and Angola as well as a world-class fleet of offshore construction vessels.

 

Technip Public Relations

Laurence Bricq: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 26 37 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 24 33 lbricq@technip.com

Marina Toncelli: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 66 69 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 24 33 mtoncelli@technip.com

 

Technip Investor and Analyst Relations

Christopher Welton: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 66 74 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 67 58 cwelton@technip.com

David-Alexandre Guez: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 27 85 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 67 58 daguez@technip.com

 

Technip trades under the symbol TKP on the NYSE and under the ISIN FR0000131708 on the Euronext