Technip awarded contract for the Vincent field project in Australia
Technip has been awarded a contract by Woodside Energy Ltd for the supply and installation of subsea facilities in connection with the development of the Vincent field. This field is located approximately 60 km north of Exmouth, off the Western Australian coast, in water depths ranging from 350 to 420 m.
The contract includes the design, engineering, procurement, installation, construction and pre-commissioning of:
- rigid spools,
- flexible flowlines(1) and risers(2) (approximately 18 km),
- production umbilicals(3) (approximately 14 km),
- riser holdback anchors, and
- installation and tie-in of high voltage electrical jumpers.
Project execution will be supported by TS7AP, the joint venture company composed of Technip and Subsea 7 for subsea offshore operations in the Asia Pacific region. The project will be based in Perth (Australia). The flexible flowlines will be supplied by Flexi France, one of the Group’s flexible pipe plants, located in Le Trait, France. The umbilicals will be supplied by Duco, Technip’s subsidiary based in Newcastle, UK.
The Venturer, a vessel from Technip’s fleet, will support the offshore operations, which are scheduled to begin in the fourth quarter of 2007.
(1) Flexible flowline: a flexible pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. It is generally an infield line, linking underwater structures to each other or to a fixed or floating production facility. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(2) Riser flexible : conduite flexible utilisée en tant que liaison fond-surface pour le transfert des hydrocarbures produits du fond marin vers l’unité de production en surface, et le transfert de fluides d’injection ou de contrôle de l’unité de production en surface vers les réservoirs sous-marins.
(3) Ombilical : assemblage de canalisations hydrauliques, de câbles électriques et optiques. Ce type d’assemblage est utilisé pour le contrôle des installations sous-marines et des robots sous-marins télécommandés (ROV).
With a workforce of more than 21,000 people, Technip ranks among the top five corporations in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical engineering, construction and services. Headquartered in Paris, the Group is listed in New York and Paris. The Group’s main operations and engineering centers and business units are located in France, Italy, Germany, the UK, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, the USA, Brazil, Abu-Dhabi, China, India, Malaysia and Australia. In support of its activities, the Group manufactures flexible pipes and umbilicals, and builds offshore platforms in its manufacturing plants and fabrication yards in France, Brazil, the UK, the USA, Finland and Angola, and has a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Laurence Bricq: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 26 37 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 24 33 email@example.com
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Technip trades under the symbol TKP on the NYSE and under the ISIN FR0000131708 on the Euronext.