Technip awarded a contract by Shell for the Gannet field in the North Sea
Technip was awarded by Shell U.K. Limited an engineering, procurement, installation and construction contract for the Gannet F Reinstatement project, located in the North Sea, 180 kilometers east of Aberdeen, at a water depth of 95 meters.
The contract concerns the replacement of the Gannet F flowline(1) at the Gannet Alpha Platform and covers the:
- fabrication and pipelay of an 11.8 kilometre pipe-in-pipe,
- installation of a 4.5” gas lift pipeline,
- trenching and installation of an 11.9 kilometer umbilical(2).
Technip’s operating center in Aberdeen, Scotland will execute the contract, which is scheduled to be completed in the second semester of 2013. The Group’s spoolbase in Evanton, Scotland, will fabricate the pipe-in-pipe and DUCO Limited, Technip’s wholly-owned subsidiary in Newcastle, England, will manufacture the umbilical. Technip’s pipelay vessel, Apache II, will be used for the offshore campaign.
Bill Morrice, Managing Director of Technip in the United Kingdom, said: “We are delighted to have been awarded this contract which strengthens our relationship with Shell U.K. Limited. Our vast experience in providing cost-effective and efficient pipe-in-pipe solutions for our clients will help us execute this project safely and effectively. We look forward to supporting Shell to maximize production from the Gannet field.”
(1) Flowline: A flexible or rigid pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred metres to several kilometres.
(2) Umbilical: An assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 32,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Christophe Bélorgeot : Tel. +33 (0)1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 email@example.com
Analyst and Investor Relations
Kimberly Stewart : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
Chuan Wang : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 36 27 email@example.com
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPY).