Technip awarded contract for the pipelines of the Mirage field in the Gulf of Mexico
Technip has been awarded a contract by Bluewater Industries, Inc. for the flowlines(1), risers(2), jumpers(3) and subsea structures for the Mirage field development, in the Gulf of Mexico. This field is located in Mississippi Canyon Block 941, at a water depth of 4,050 feet. ATP Oil & Gas Corporation (NASDAQ: ATPG) is 100% owner and operator of Mirage and Bluewater Industries is managing the project.
The contract covers:
- engineering for the installation, welding and installation of two steel catenary risers and two oil and gas export flowlines (31 and 52km long),
- fabrication and installation of subsea structures and jumpers, and
Technip's operations and engineering center in Houston (Texas) will execute this contract. The flowlines and risers will be welded at the Group's spoolbase located in Mobile (Alabama) during the first quarter of 2008. The Deep Blue, Technip's deepwater pipelay vessel, will reel lay the pipelines in 2008, with support from the Geoholm, a light construction vessel chartered by the Group.
(1) Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(2) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to surface facilities, and transfer injection or control fluids from the surface facilities to the seabed.
(3) Jumper: short pipe used to connect a flowline to a subsea structure or to connect two subsea structures located close to one another.
With a workforce of 22,000 people, Technip ranks among the top five corporations in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical engineering, construction and services. Headquartered in Paris, the Group is listed in New York and Paris.
The Group's main operations and engineering centers and business units are located in France, Italy, Germany, the UK, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, the USA, Brazil, Abu-Dhabi, China, India, Malaysia and Australia.
In support of its activities, the Group manufactures flexible pipes and umbilicals, and builds offshore platforms in its manufacturing plants and fabrication yards in France, Brazil, the UK, the USA, Finland and Angola, and has a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Laurence Bricq: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 26 37 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 24 33 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Xavier d’Ouince: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 25 75 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 67 58 email@example.com
Technip trades under the symbol TKP on the NYSE and under the ISIN FR0000131708 on the Euronext