Technip awarded contract for the loading, transport and installation of a production platform in Nigeria
Technip has been awarded a turnkey contract by Elf Petroleum Nigeria Ltd. for the loading, transport and installation of the topsides(1) for the OFP2 fixed platform on the Ofon field. Located 50km off the coast of Nigeria and at a water depth of 40m, the field is operated by Elf Petroleum Nigeria Ltd. on behalf of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corp./Elf Petroleum Nigeria Ltd. Joint Venture.
The contract comprises:
- the engineering,
- the supply of equipment required for the installation,
- the loading of the topsides, weighing approximately 13,000 tons, onto a transport vessel,
- the transport of the topsides from South Korea to Nigeria, and
- the installation of the topsides using Technip's proprietary Unideck®(2) floatover method.
Engineering of transport and installation will be executed by Technip, notably by the Group's operations and engineering center in Lagos (Nigeria).
Offshore operations are scheduled for 2010.
(1) Topsides: surface installations allowing the drilling and/or production and/or processing of offshore hydrocarbons.
(2) Unideck® floatover: installation method of an integrated production deck (topsides) onto a fixed structure developed by Technip which permits installation in difficult sea conditions (long period swells) using a system of jacks to lower the topsides rapidly into place.
With a workforce of 22,000 people, Technip ranks among the top five corporations in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical engineering, construction and services. Headquartered in Paris, the Group is listed in New York and Paris.
The Group's main operations and engineering centers and business units are located in France, Italy, Germany, the UK, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, the USA, Brazil, Abu-Dhabi, China, India, Malaysia and Australia.
In support of its activities, the Group manufactures flexible pipes and umbilicals, and builds offshore platforms in its manufacturing plants and fabrication yards in France, Brazil, the UK, the USA, Finland and Angola, and has a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Laurence Bricq: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 26 37 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 24 33 email@example.com
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Xavier d’Ouince: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 25 75 Fax: +33 (0) 1 47 78 67 58 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip trades under the symbol TKP on the NYSE and under the ISIN FR0000131708 on the Euronext.