Technip awarded a contract for the K2 field in the Gulf of Mexico
Technip has been awarded a contract for the K2 field expansion project, operated by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation in the Gulf of Mexico. Two additional wells will be tied back to the existing subsea equipment and to the Marco Polo platform with production flowlines(1). These wells are located in Green Canyon Blocks 562 and 606, at a water depth of approximately 1,200 meters (4,000 feet).
The contract covers:
- project management and engineering,
- fabrication and installation of two rigid flowlines,
- design, fabrication and installation of four PLETs(2),
- installation of two free issue static umbilicals(3),
- tie-ins, pre-commissioning and survey.
Technip’s operating center in Houston, Texas will execute this contract. The flowlines will be welded at the Group’s spoolbase located in Mobile, Alabama. Offshore installation is scheduled for the third quarter of 2009, using the Deep Blue, Technip’s deepwater pipelay vessel.
(1) Flowline: flexible or rigid pipe laid on the seabed for the transport of production or injection fluids.
(2) PLET: Pipeline End Termination.
(2) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses. Umbilicals can include electrical cables or optic fibers to support communications, power supply and telemetry functions.
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 46 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Christophe Bélorgeot: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 32 79 email@example.com
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Ph. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
Antoine d’Anjou: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 30 18 email@example.com
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA. ISIN FR0000131708