Technip awarded contract by GDF SUEZ E&P UK for the Juliet project
Technip was awarded by GDF SUEZ E&P UK Limited an engineering, procurement, installation and construction contract for the Juliet project, located 40 kilometers East of the Humberside estuary, at a water depth of approximately 20 to 60 meters.
This contract, which is a tie-back to the Pickerill A platform, will cover the installation of a:
- 12” 22-kilometer rigid flowline(1),
- 22 kilometer static controls umbilical(2),
- 12” riser(3),
- 16” J-Tube assembly,
- 100-ton manifold(4).
Technip’s operating centers in Aberdeen, Scotland and in Oslo, Norway will work in conjunction to deliver this project. The offshore campaign is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2013 and will use vessels from the Technip fleet, including the Apache II and Normand Pioneer.
Knut Boe, Senior Vice President, Technip’s North Sea Canada Region, declared: “We are delighted to be working with GDF SUEZ to deliver the Juliet development. This project is a great example of the ongoing level of investment in the UK Continental Shelf and the subsea opportunities that are arising as result. Furthermore, this project will see our Aberdeen and Oslo-based teams work very closely. It demonstrates Technip's strength as an international company sharing expertise and resources across national boundaries and it also confirms our position as a leading contractor in the North Sea area.”
(1) Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(2) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
(3) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to the surface facilities or to transfer injection fluids, control fluids or lift gas from the surface facilities and the seabed.
(4) Manifold: a piece of pipe with several lateral outlets and/or inlets for connecting one pipe with others.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 32,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Christophe Bélorgeot : Tel. +33 (0)1 47 78 39 92 firstname.lastname@example.org
Floriane Lassalle-Massip : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 email@example.com
Analyst and Investor Relations
Kimberly Stewart : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
Apollinaire Vandier : Tel. + 33 (0)1 47 78 60 74 email@example.com
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPY).