Technip awarded contract for field developments in the Dutch North Sea
Technip has been awarded by Wintershall Noordzee B.V. a lumpsum contract, to assist in the development of the E-18 and P-9 gas fields in the Dutch sector of the North Sea.
The contract covers:
- Assembly and installation of a 5.4 kilometer 10” rigid flowline (1) between the new E-18 platform and an existing platform,
- Manufacture and installation of a 16.7 kilometer 8" rigid flowline for the tie-in of two new P-9 wells and an existing platform,
- Installation of two umbilicals (2), 5.6 kilometers and 16.8 kilometers long,
- Trenching (3) and backfilling of the pipelines and umbilicals,
- Installation of protection structures for the P-9 field wells,
- tie-ins, protection and testing of the subsea system.
Technip’s entities in the United Kingdom will execute the contract: the Aberdeen operating center will carry out project management and engineering, the flowlines will be welded at the Evanton spoolbase and the P-9 umbilical will be manufactured at the Newcastle manufacturing unit.
Offshore operations are scheduled to commence in the first quarter of 2009. Two vessels from the Technip fleet, the Apache and the Skandi Achiever, will execute the pipelaying and diving operations respectively. Third party vessels will be utilized for trenching and backfilling services.
(1) Flowline: a pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometres.
(2) Umbilical: an assembly of hydraulic hoses, which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres, used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
(3) Trenching: burying of offshore or onshore pipelines in a trench in order to protect them.
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 46 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA.
Technip Public Relations
Yves Gautier: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 25 33
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 32 79 email@example.com
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA. ISIN FR0000131708