Technip awarded contract for EnQuest’s Alma and Galia development in UK North Sea
Technip was awarded by EnQuest Britain Limited a contract for the development of the Alma and Galia fields, located 310 kilometers Southeast of Aberdeen, United Kingdom. The fields, which will be tied back to the EnQuest Producer floating production storage and offloading unit (FPSO), are located at a water depth of approximately 80 meters.
The contract covers:
- Installation of two 10” production flexible flowlines(1), one 8” water injection flexible flowline and one further 8” production flexible flowline,
- Installation of three 8” flexible risers(2),
- Installation of two production control umbilicals(3)/risers,
- Installation of four power cables and associated dynamic risers,
- Procurement, fabrication and installation of a 175 ton manifold structure,
- Associated trenching operations, tie-ins, testing and commissioning.
Technip’s operating center in Aberdeen will execute the contract. Vessels from the Technip fleet will be used for the campaign including the Skandi Arctic and the Orelia, as well as third-party vessels.
(1) Flowline: a flexible or rigid pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(2) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids from the seabed to the surface facilities or to transfer injection fluids, control fluids or lift gas from the surface facilities and the seabed.
(3) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or hydraulic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibres used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 30,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
EnQuest PLC (www.enquest.com). EnQuest Britain Limited is a subsidiary of EnQuest PLC. EnQuest is the largest independent oil producer in the UK North Sea, it trades on both the London Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. It is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index. Its assets include the Thistle, Deveron, Heather, Broom, West Don, Don Southwest and Conrie producing fields and the Alma and Galia development. At the end of 2011, EnQuest had interests in 22 production licences covering 27 blocks or part blocks in the UKCS, of which 19 licences were operated by EnQuest.
Analyst and Investor Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Tél. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 firstname.lastname@example.org
Apollinaire Vandier: Tél. +33 (0)1 47 78 60 74 email@example.com
Christophe Bélorgeot: Tél. +33 (0)1 47 78 39 92
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Tél. + 33 (0)1 47 78 32 79 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPY).