Technip awarded contract for the babbage development in United Kingom North Sea
Technip has been awarded by E.ON Ruhrgas UK North Sea Ltd. a lumpsum contract, worth approximately €32 million, for the development of the Babbage gas field located in the United Kingdom Southern North Sea. Under this contract, Technip will install a subsea pipeline system to export gas from the new Babbage platform to existing subsea infrastructure located within the “West Sole Bravo 500 meters zone” at a water depth of 25 meters.
The contract covers:
- project management, design, fabrication and installation of a 28 kilometer gas export rigid pipeline, a 40 ton manifold and three flexible tie-in jumpers(1),
- installation of pipeline protection materials,
- trenching(2) and backfilling of the gas export pipeline,
- pre-commissioning, tie-ins and testing.
Technip’s operating center in Aberdeen, Scotland, will execute the contract. Welding of the gas export pipeline will be undertaken at the Group’s recently upgraded spoolbase in Evanton, Scotland. Offshore installation is scheduled to commence in the second quarter of 2009 using two vessels from Technip’s fleet, the Apache and the Orelia, and third party vessels.
(1) Jumper: a short pipe laid on the seabed to connect a rigid flowline to a subsea structure or to connect two subsea structures located close to one another.
(2) Trenching: burying of offshore or onshore pipelines in a trench in order to protect them.
Technip is a world leader in the fields of project management, engineering and construction for the oil & gas industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions and technologies.
With 23,000 employees around the world, integrated capabilities and proven expertise in underwater infrastructures (Subsea), offshore facilities (Offshore) and large processing units and plants on land (Onshore), Technip is a key contributor to the development of sustainable solutions for the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Present in 46 countries, Technip has operating centers and industrial assets (manufacturing plants, spoolbases, construction yard) on five continents, and operates its own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Yves Gautier: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 25 33
Floriane Lassalle-Massip: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 32 79 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Kimberly Stewart: Ph. + 33 (0)1 47 78 66 74 email@example.com
Antoine d’Anjou: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 30 18 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Technip share is listed on Euronext Paris exchange and over the counter (OTC) in the USA. ISIN FR0000131708