Technip awarded contract for an automobile plant in India
Technip has been awarded a managing consultant contract by the Renault/Nissan/Mahindra joint venture for the construction of their automobile plant in Chennai (India).
To optimize this project in both its technical and financial dimensions, Technip will carry out the following tasks for the joint venture:
- ensure the follow-up of the quality, cost and delivery (QCD) of the project,
- project management from the execution studies and work carried out by Indian companies through to delivery,
- homogenization of Renault, Mahindra and Nissan’s international technical construction standards,
- adaptation of project management standards to the specifics of this project in its local context,
- definition of the project schedule and financing,
- assistance in selecting contractors and in the monitoring and validation of their studies in terms of quality, cost, scheduling and security, and
- assistance in administrative formalities and preliminary works on site
The contract will be executed by Technip TPS, a subsidiary of the Technip Group specialized in engineering of buildings and infrastructures, with support from Technip’s operations and engineering center in Chennai.
With a workforce of 22,000 people, Technip ranks among the top five corporations in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical engineering, construction and services. Headquartered in Paris, the Group is listed in New York and Paris.
The Group’s main operations and engineering centers and business units are located in France, Italy, Germany, the UK, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, the USA, Brazil, Abu-Dhabi, China, India, Malaysia and Australia.
In support of its activities, the Group manufactures flexible pipes and umbilicals, and builds offshore platforms in its manufacturing plants and fabrication yards in France, Brazil, the UK, the USA, Finland and Angola, and has a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip Public Relations
Laurence Bricq: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 26 37 Fax : +33 (0) 1 47 78 24 33 email@example.com
Technip Investor and Analyst Relations
Xavier d’Ouince: Ph. +33 (0) 1 47 78 25 75 Fax : +33 (0) 1 47 78 67 58 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technip trades under the symbol TKP on the NYSE and under the ISIN FR0000131708 on the Euronext.