A key element in the execution of any project, procurement at Technip is managed by a force of approximately 1,000 individuals assigned to project task forces. They are in charge of sourcing new suppliers, buying, expediting orders, inspecting the manufacturing of equipment and bulk material as well as organizing delivery and logistics.
Each project team has the ownership of its budget and delivery and is supported by the expertise and processes of the Technip operating center it is attached to. All protect teams are bound by common Group policies and code of ethics.
Technip is a global player that sources competitively worldwide and can provide support to clients through the provision of dedicated procurement services.
At the Group level, Technip’s Global Procurement organization is responsible for the coherence of procurement policies and strategies across the Group as well as the dissemination of market intelligence and trends.
Mission of Technip’s Global Procurement Organization:
- Develop and implement Procurement strategies to improve competitiveness
- Own and update Technip’s list of Approved Suppliers
- Increase the Supplier base through the sourcing and qualification of new suppliers and products, with a focus on High Value Procurement countries
- Develop and manage long- term relationships and partnerships with Technip’s Top Suppliers
- Promote design-to-cost solutions
- Gather and report information critical to operations
- Ownership and enforcement of the Group’s procurement policies
- Ownership and up-to-dating of a single worldwide e-procurement tool open to our suppliers: epc-business.com
Technip’s single group-wide e-procurement tool, epc-business.com covers the complete procurement cycle, from information requests and the clarification of offers through to the issue of purchase orders. Epc-business.com is used by all Technip offices and is the sole means of registering and rating suppliers. Any suppliers looking to do business with the Technip Group must be registered on epc-business.com.
If you are supplier and would like to register on epc-business.com please click click here.