Technip is the leading American engineering and construction contractor providing complete subsea facilities on an EPC basis. Technip offers a wide range of subsea products and technologies for subsea construction which, combined with the Group's fleet of first class installation vessels, provides total project capabilities.
Technip's operating center in Houston has full capability for managing projects including designing flexible pipe and flexible riser configurations, procurement and installation of these flexibles. The principal assets located in the US are the Deep Blue, an ultra-deepwater multi-purpose pipelay vessel capable of laying flexible risers, rigid reel lay up to 18” and J-lay up to 28”, the Deep Energy, one of the largest pipelay vessels ever built and the G1200 a DP2 heavy lift S-Lay pipelay vessel.
We provide a complete range of world class solutions for deepwater facilities and subsea systems, field development planning to EPCI, including pipeline construction (S-Lay, J-Lay and Reeled pipeline), SURF and heavy lift services, utilizing the largest and most advanced fleet for construction and asset management.
Flexible pipe design, manufacture and installation
Technip is the world leader for the design and supply of flexible pipe for the oil and gas industry. Flexibles are often the key for developing new offshore field development concepts. They can link major elements of the field with different motions such as floater/soil, vertical riser/floater, well head/platform and SCR/floating platform.
Technip's Houston operating center has full capability for managing projects including designing flexible pipe and flexible riser configurations as well as their installation.
With manufacturing units located in France, Brazil and Malaysia, Technip is the leader in providing flexible pipe systems for oil and gas field developments.
Rigid pipe technology
Reel-lay is a very efficient technique to install rigid wet coated pipelines and pipe-in-pipes. Technip has a rigid pipeline reeling track record in excess of 7,600 km to date. The track record includes static flowlines resting on the seabed and dynamic steel catenary risers.
Technip Umbilicals (TU) is a leading manufacturer of umbilicals (steel and thermoplastic). TU operates four manufacturing facilities in the UK, North America, Angola and Malaysia.
Technip Umbilicals Inc. (Houston, Texas) engages in the design, manufacture and supply of subsea umbilical systems.
Products and services include:
- Ancillary supplies
- Steel tube and electric assemblies
- MQC stab plates
- Hydraulic fittings
- Couplers and electrical connectors
- Pulling heads and umbilical hang-offs
- Topsides and subsea terminations
- Mechanical testing of umbilicals and components
- Umbilical and hardware analysis including finite element analysis
Technologies and expertise
- Deepwater risers: Steel Catenary Risers (SCRs-single pipe and PIP), Steel Lazy Wave Risers (SLWRs), Free Standing Hybrid Risers (FSHRs)
- Flexible pipe, umbilicals
- Reeled pipelines: SCRs, PIP (passive insulation and electrically heated), plastic and mechanically lined pipe
- Subsea installation and remote intervention (ROVs, survey, pre-commissioning)
- Subsea tie-backs/complex field architecture
- Pipelay/heavy lifting and deepwater lowering
- Subsea Mining
- Subsea structures and jumpers
- Pipeline repair methods
Broad capabilities in subsea
Current & relevant GOM projects
- Caesar / Tonga (SLWR)
- Mirage / Telemark
- Thunder Horse Water Injection
- Juniper Trinidad and Tobago
- Jack & St Malo
Deep Gulf Energy
- Hadrian South
- Marine Well Containment System (MWCS)
- Tubular Bells
- Delta House
- Panuy Gas
- Chad Loading System
- Alba field development
- Bass Lite
- Thunder Hawk
- AKAL GR
- KMZ lines S2-S3-S8-S9
- BC-10 (SLWR)
- Daniel Boone
- Tubular Bells