Petrochemical & Refinery Applications
MAINTENANCE-FREE FLEXIBLE STEEL PIPE SYSTEMS FROM COFLEXIP
FOR FLOATING ROOF TANKS
Coflexip® flexible steel pipe for the Petrochemical and Refining industry has an articulated carcass of spiral-wound stainless steel covered by an outer thermoplastic sheath. The inner carcass flexes, but it will not kink or collapse. The internal diameter maintains its integrity.
The outer thermoplastic sheath is extruded over the pipe, making it completely leak outer thermoplastic sheath is extruded over the pipe, making it completely leak proof and resistant to most chemicals (even octane additives – MTBE – and 100% aromatics).
Coflexip’s® unique flexible steel pipe eliminates many problems common to rubber hoses or pipes with swivels, thus making it an excellent solution for roof drains, rim fire protection systems, skimmer and suction lines.
Operating advantages of Coflexip pipe
- Compatible with neat or blended MTBE, as well as other additives.
- Compatible with 100% aromatics.
- No gas migration through pipe wall.
- No abrasion to either tank floor or the COFLEXIP pipe.
- Allows for lowest possible roof operating position.
For more information: