Technip in the Asia Pacific region
Technip Kuala Lumpur is the leading engineering technology solutions and turnkey contracting provider in Asia Pacific for the design and construction of hydrocarbon field development, oil refining, gas processing, petrochemicals and selected non-hydrocarbon projects.
Our activities cover 3 business segments i.e. Subsea, Offshore and Onshore.
Incorporated in 1982, the company participates in business activities internationally with Kuala Lumpur as the main operational centre, and offices in Asia Pacific:
- Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur (HQ) & Miri, Sarawak)
- Thailand (Bangkok and Rayong)
- Indonesia (Jakarta and Balikpapan)
- Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi)
- Brunei (Kuala Belait)
- China (Beijing and Shanghai)
- Australia (Perth, Brisbane)
- New Zealand (New Plymouth)
There are more than 6,000 Technip employees in Asia Pacific and over 3,200 based in Malaysia.
Technip in Kuala Lumpur and other offices are certified to ISO 9001 (Quality), OHSAS 18001 (Health and Safety) and ISO 14001 (Environment) Standards. In addition Technip in Kuala Lumpur is certified to ISO 27001 (Information Security) Standard.
Technip Kuala Lumpur serves as the regional headquarters for the Technip entities located in Asia Pacific.
Presence in South East Asia
Technip Jakarta, incorporated in 1997, serves the Indonesian oil and gas, offshore and onshore sectors and operates from offices in Jakarta and Balikpapan. It has the capability to execute projects from Engineering Services to lump sum turnkey.
Technip Jakarta has ongoing term engineering contracts for Chevron and Total, and services others such as Hess, BP, ConocoPhillips, Premier Oil, YPF-Repsol, Kodeco, etc.
Technip Jakarta has also completed several turnkey and engineering contracts including:
- the engineering, procurement of the Kerisi development for ConocoPhillips,
- the detailed design of Sisi Nubi development for Total,
- the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of Block B subsea development and ADGF subsea development for ConocoPhillips,
- the FEED of APN field development for BP West Java,
- the FEED and design services of Oyong field development for Santos,
- The Sadewa WH platform pipelines & Attaka CP medications for Unocal,
- the engineering, procurement, construction and precommissioning of polyethylene expansions for PT Peni.
Currently, the office is executing:
- the engineering, procurement and technical services of the North Belut development for ConocoPhillips,
- the detailed engineering of Peciko 5 for Total/PT Nisconi,
- the FEED (offshore) Rehabilitation project for BP West Java.
Technip Jakarta also has capabilities and expertise in non-hydrocarbon project and is executing:
- the feasibility studies and EPCM of Weda Bay Nickel plant for Eramet.
Technip Singapore, an affiliate of Technip in Kuala Lumpur, started operations in December 1999.
A fully operational office offering local engineering services and liaison with local authorities, Technip Singapore is also the offshore procurement centre for Technip in Asia Pacific. Main activities include:
- business development and sales activities
- support to Technip Kuala Lumpur and other regional affiliates with services and resources.
Technip Bangkok, a fast growing engineering centre incorporated in June 1997, services the Thai oil and gas, offshore and onshore sectors and operates from offices in Bangkok and Rayong.
Technip Bangkok has the capability to execute projects from Engineering Services to lump sum turnkey. It has also secured term contracts for Chevron, PTTEP, Unocal, ATC, ARC, Caltex refinery, PTT, etc.
Key on-going projects include:
- the detailed engineering for LKU-F Dehydration and Water injection facilities for PTTEP Siam.
- pre-FEED engineering activities for the prospective Block M7 and M9 of Myanmar gas development for PTTEP International.
- pre-project study for CO2 re-injection (GBS) for PTTEP.
The office has completed several turnkey and engineering contracts including:
- engineering, procurement and construction management of Phu Horm gas field development for Hess.
- engineering, procurement and construction of Cooling Tower Unit 3 for Thai Olefins.
- engineering, procurement and construction of the Waste Water Stripping unit and debottlenecking for Thai Caprolactam.
- engineering, procurement and construction of the Chopinette project for Vinythai.
- engineering, procurement, subcontracting and construction supervision of the Acrylic Resin plant expansion for Rhodia PPMC.
- project management, basic, detailed engineering, procurement and construction supervision for Starch Granulation Phase I & II for Rhodia Thai Industries.
- engineering, procurement and construction for Deplume Phase II and SC-DW Heat Recovery System for Thai Caprolactam.
- engineering, procurement and construction of the 5th Cooling Tower Expansion for Thai Caprolactam.
Extending its services to other industries, Technip Bangkok has executed, designed and managed the construction of a Vaccine plant for GPO-MBP (Mérieux Biological Products) in Thailand. The office can also participate in specific non-oil projects where the Technip group's expertise is available in non-hydrocarbon facilities.
Technip's presence in Vietnam was established in 1996 with two representative offices in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. They act as liaison offices and assist in business development, and provide assistance during contract implementation.
Presence in China
Technip has been present in China for the past 30 years. In 1996 it set up an engineering and services center, Technip Tianchen.
Main services covered by this office are:
- basic and front-end engineering design (FEED)
- preliminary and detail engineering
- construction and construction management
Technip Tianchen has realised contracts both offshore and onshore, in the oil and gas as well as chemical industries:
- offshore drilling and production platforms
- facilities and plants within integrated chemical complexes
- polyethylene and polypropylene plant
- polymer plants
Clients have included CNOOC, Shell Nanhai, BASF, BP SECCO, Bayer, Total, INEOS, Sinopec etc.
Presence in Oceania
Technip Perth, serves as the centre for subsea, umbilical, flowline, riser and deepwater field developments for the Asia Pacific region.
The company undertakes basic engineering to turnkey development in subsea, offshore and onshore.
Technip Perth's clients include Woodside, Apache, BHP Billiton, Shell, Origin Energy, ExxonMobil and other Independents. The company works closely with Technip Kuala Lumpur on bidding and executing joint projects.
Through the joint venture with Subsea 7, Technip Subsea 7 Asia Pacific (TS7), has the capability to handle the increasing technological demands of deep to ultradeep subsea developments in the region.
TS7 operates two regional DP class diving support vessels; Venturer and Rockwater 2.